Tuesday 7 January 2020

1st week of Stitching this year!

So this past week or so since my last post has been great!  I got quite a bit stitching done, in between going back to work and getting the house in order after the holidays. House is still not in order, some days I felt stitching was more important! 

This week I continued to work on SK Winter Wings, I am close to a page finish so I am pushing to finish.  There is quite a bit of sparkly thread in this one, not sure you can pick it up in the regular pics, I tried taking a close up so you can see.  The effect is really pretty in person.  You can almost pick up the sparkle better when the pic is out of focus!


Update on challenges:

The challenge for the Full Coverage Fanatics FB group, Stitch 2020 in January.  This is coming along nicely, after about a week of stitching I have 1338 stitches put in.

Challenges for the Ultimate Cross Stitch FB group are also coming along nicely.  Their cupcake challenge has a few more sections added. 
Section 1 - Stitch 300 
Completed with 659 Stitches
Section 2 -  Stitch 600
Still working on this on
Section 3 - Stitch 550 
Not started, might pick up another project, or this might get me to the page finish!

You are probably wondering if I stitched a total of 1338 stitches how have I not completed the sections. Well I had more than half that amount done before I posted my start pic for section 1. And there are two days between when they post what the next section will be, and I had the first section done with time to spare so I continued stitching until the second section post went up.  Now that life is back to normal busy schedule, it means less time to stitch.

Here is my progress on SK Winter Wings this past week:

Before:


After:



Here is what I hope my finished piece will look like when finished:


On a side note we had a snow day yesterday which meant more stitching time!  Kids were supposed to go back to school for the first time after the holidays, happy to have a snow day!  We got 41cm of the white stuff!


Thank you for your comments.

Carey, I too enjoy the FB challenges, they really motivate me to stitch. I had to be realistic with myself though and pick the ones I thought I had a chance completing.  And there are some out there that are just too complicated so I skipped them, but I enjoy watching others tackle them!  Good luck to you in your stitching

Katie, welcome to a fellow WIPopcalypse stitcher, wishing you all the best in your stitching adventures!

Kaisievic, Thanks! I like working on projects with alot of color, mostly.  This one is a challenge with it's grey and blue tones.


No comments: