Monday 18 October 2021

Update for the month of September

 Hi Everyone, hope you had a great September!   I am here with a progress report on my September Stitching!


I had a great month, got lots of stitchy work done, as well as went to my very frist Stitching retreat!  It was so much fun.

The month started with Enchanted Garden, she came around in rotation just the one time, but made some good progress on her. Just love the colors and the details that appear on such a small chart


Next up is QS Sapphire which I worked on once this month. She's the 4tho one I am working on in the series of QS Birthstones and I love working on the blues!


I then got a chance to work on Mini Avarice, the first in the Deadly sins series.   Love all the yellow shades I get to work with, and the detail that is coming out is fantastic!

I got a chance to work on mini Little Dreamers Tree alot this month as I used as it for my Daily 100 project.  This is where I commit to stitching at least 100 stitches on it every day of the month.  I saw a lot of progress on it  because of that!

I was able to pick up my Siamese Fighting Fish a couple of times this month and am really close to another diagonal finish.

Autumn Owl Trio is always fun to stitch on as its just so joyful, the owl is adorable.

And lastly this month I had the wonderful opportunity to attend my first stitch retreat.  Well actually most of the ladies were knitters, so it was more of a hand crafters retreat.  It was so much fun to spend some dedicated time away with your craft of choice!!!  It was held at a beautiful bed and breakfast a hour and a half out of town. This is the view from my room!


I had to start a new project as a memory of the retreat.  I didn't want to start a big one, and really even the small ones I do are big!  So I picked something that I thought I could do over the course of attending a few retreats. I have decided to do Mini Meditaion from Haed, but with a twist. I have divided it into sections and will do a couple of sections every time I attend a retreat. so after many years, I end up with a stained glass effect, because the lines you see in my diagram will be stitched in black.


I will be doing 3 sections for this 2021 retreat. Here's what I have done so far, it was done while I was there. I just have to finish the sections.

So I had a great September for stitching!  I hope October goes well too! Until next time.....

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress on your wips, you have so many beautiful wips. Do you still use a wheel to decide your projects or have you a list that you just work down?

Vani said...

Hi Lesleyanne, Thank you so much. I used to use a wheel but i found there were some pieces that never came up often or some that came up too often, so I switched to just going down the list of all my Wips. Minus the focus pieces!