Thursday 9 September 2021

My step back into the world of blogging!

 Hi Everyone!  

Boy has it been a long time since I blogged.  So much has happened in my stitching life and my personal life since then!

I have started a Flosstube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZFDW_ekWFvCZT9e7laA7HQ

And I am more active on Instagram, @mystitchdiary


I still have many projects on the go, I have 3 main focus pieces that I am working on this year, which I dedicate time to every week, then I rotate through the rest of my projects.

My 3 focus pieces for the year are:

 Ganesha

With Ganesha I decided to make it a focus piece this year because I've had it for a very long time and finally thought that it was about time I made some real progress on it.  It has been working, I've done well with it.  


Siamese Fighting Fish

This piece was kindly given to me by a lovely stitching friend of mine who recently became a designer.  Her son is an artist and gave her permission to convert his artwork into Cross Stitch.  She contacted me when she realized I was a little obsessed with full coverage cross stitch and asked if I would stitch a model stitch for her for this piece.  I said as long as you realize that it will take me a long time, because it is a large piece, and I don't have the focus to work on just one piece. She said that yes that she just wanted a point of view on the process.  So it began, it is a large piece, but beautiful.  I decided to stitch it on white which means that I am stitching all the black!!!  Here's where I am with it:


Cross Stitch Studio Mystery (not a mystery anymore) Sal

This piece started as a mystery, which I love being a part of.  Every month we were given a new page and we don't know what we were stitching on until we are finished.  So for the past few months we received a new page, then there were some technical difficulties with the charting and getting us individual pages, so they surprised us with the full chart.  Here's how far I am:


I made a bit of progress on them, and I have been working a little less this past month as it was a family month with lots of birthdays and visits, and of course it was summer!  So had to take advantage of the good weather while its here.

This past month I have working on:

World Travel Bookshelf


I love working on this one so much, no details this time, but so much colour.  Always an enjoyable stitch!!!

Peacock Fantasy

Still haven't gotten to the good stuff, but got closer to finishing that graceful neck!


QS Life is an Open Book London

I love stitching away on this, I always remember our fun family vacation when I am working on this one.  Started it out stitching cross country style, but switched to Diagonal Cross country.  Liking it this way much better.



Sunflower Bee

I have made a very small start on this on. Lots of background to get through before the good stuff!


Golden Promises

I am so loving that I took this out of the ufo pile to work on.  Such a fun stitch with all the details!




Mini Opening Night


A special and beautiful piece for sure!  Love the watercolour effect of this one!


So that's what I did in August!  I am working on a new rotation plan in the hopes that I get to work on more wips in my collection.  

Happy Stitching!!!









5 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

I love all of your projects. You have a great variety and get so much done in a month - I am seriously in awe of how much you get done.

Alejandra said...

hola"!!!! que lindo volver al mundo de los blogs! te felicito, yo quisiera tambien!!! hermoso como tienes el blogg y como, a la derecha estan los progresos de los haeds!! besos!!! Alejandra

Vani said...

Alejandra - Thank you so much!

Lesleyanne - Thank you! I try to work on my projects as much as I can!

Ruth said...

Hi Vani! I am so glad to have found your posts! I love your attitude and your work! Thank you for sharing your experience and expertise!
I especially love your Ganesha!
I am a Canadian as well.

Vani said...

Thank you Ruth!