Monday 27 January 2020

January WIP-ocalypse Checkin

Hi Everyone!

This is my checkin for the January Wipocalypse!

Go Checkout our Host for this Wipocalypse Measi's Blog

My first month of Stitching was actually very productive!  I had a few page finishes and progress made on multiple projects!

Question for this month:

What SALs are you participating in this year?

Well, there are so many out there to choose from.  I find myself wanting to do so much and getting overwhelmed.  I had to really look at the multitude of SALs around and see which ones would work.  I don't really join the ones like Linen and Threads Sals, because I like to look at samplers, but much prefer to stitch on full coverage pieces.  That's why all the ones I participate in are motivational SALs.

I had to add a page in my Blog, to help me keep track of all my SALs.

For January I joined a couple of facebook group SALs.  Full Coverage Cross Stitch group had a challenge to complete 2020 stitches each month.  I choose SK Winter Wings and was able to get the stitches in.

Before:


After:


Can't wait to get started on the next page on this one, its all about her dress!

The other SALs I had for January was with the Ultimate Cross Stitch group.

The  first challenge was to just show your progress, no minimum stitch count required.  I used SK Winter Wings again.

The second challenge with them was a counting challenge, there was 11 sections, and each section had a different amount to be completed.  In total there was 4850 Stitches to complete and I did!  I switched projects in the middle once the page on SK Winter Wings was done, I used World travel Bookshelf.

Before:


After:


Thats my Sal update, I found a couple of more Sals that I will participate in from February onwards.  I will post on that at the beginning of the month.

Looking forward to seeing everyones WIPocalypse posts!

Happy Stitching!
Vani




2 comments:

OhSewCrafty said...

Lovely progress. Can’t wait to see Winter’s dress.

Kaisievic said...

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing her dress, too.