Thursday 23 January 2020

Progress, Rotation and a Snow Storm!

I wasn't sure how much I would get done this week, I thought I would maybe get a couple of extra stitching hours because we were expecting a snow storm resulting in a Snow Day from work.  The snow storm we got was the biggest snow storm of the century.  Resulting in a City wide State of Emergency!  So I got a few more stitching hours than expected.  I took full advantage, we had enough food, and the power thankfully only went out once for a short period.  All we could do was stay home until the City was dug out.  
I am back to work today, as I work in an extended Health care clinic, however much of the City is still shut down.  Kids have been home from school for a week now, exams have been postponed, not sure what will happen next week.  There is so much snow, its not safe to be out, most streets have been reduced to one lane.  City had to call in the military, they have been a huge help.  Helping people shovel out of their homes, bringing equipment to take the snow away.   Its been quite a week!







So from my last blog post I was working towards another page finish, this time on World Travel Bookshelf. This is where I picked it up:


I always find it hard to go back to stitching on 25 count after working on 18 or 22 count.  I eventually got into a groove and finished the page!

The page:


The whole project:


I was going to just continue, but decided to pick up another instead to give myself a break from the 25 count.  I decided to pick up Ganesha,


Its nice to slowly get back to our regular schedules, however I really miss my extended stitching time!

I did at least 1200 on Ganesha before I got tired of the same old stitches, so I picked up SK Sunny for a bit.  


I think I will go back and forth between the two until I finish the top row on Ganesha and the final page on Sk Sunny.

Here's what I got done so far,





No comments: